Office: Medina, OH
Vestige is seeking a top-notch Cybersecurity Analyst who is self-motivated, passionate, and highly skilled in Cyber arena. The right candidate will bring with them experience from not only a technical skills background, but also demonstrated qualities from an objective analysis and critical thinking standpoint. The ideal Vestige Cybersecurity Analyst will have exceptional customer service and communication skills which will allow for them to explain complex matters in a clear and effective way. Having the ability to recognize Cybersecurity vulnerabilities and discrepancies in an IT environment are highly desirable skills. The Cybersecurity Analyst will confidently identify and resolve highly complex issues to prevent cyber-attacks on information systems and to keep computer information systems secure from interruption of service, intellectual property theft, network viruses, data mining, financial theft, and theft of sensitive customer data. Knowledge of, or proficiency in, U.S and International Cyber standards such as NIST 800-171 & ISO 27001 are preferred, but not required. Additional certifications such as CompTIA Security + and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) set a highly qualified candidate apart.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize and schedule tasks while balancing exceptional customer service to clients. Escalating issues (where required) to the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Gather, analyze, and identify remediation steps (if necessary) for an insecure or vulnerable Cyber environment.
- Utilize specialized expertise, up-to-date knowledge & proficiency in analysis, forensics, and reverse engineering to monitor and diagnose malware events & vulnerability issues resulting in Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare, and hacking.
- Ability to approach Cybersecurity assessments from an “auditor” mindset. Have organizational skills that thrive in following a checklist or prescribed set of controls (such as NIST 800-171).
- Ability to approach Cybersecurity remediations from an empathetic and coaching mindset; provide exceptional customer service in providing solutions to clients that have Cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Adhere to, and potentially develop, standard operating procedures (SOPs) that fall in line with Cybersecurity Analyst duties
- Ability to work well independently and remain confident while conducting client facing servicing.
- Strong articulation and communication skills; an ability to explain complex Cyber or technical information to non-technical clients or fellow team members.
- Confidently troubleshoot, research, or analyze non-traditional problem sets within an IT environment.
- Help develop and maintain knowledge base articles and other guides/documentation.
- Identify and learn software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Some key characteristics in our people include an ability to be: creative, confidence, have critical thinking skills, have a competitive spirit, be energized, and always a community player. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to lay person.
- Excellent communication skills in both written & oral form.
- Confidently lead meetings that demonstrate Cybersecurity knowledge proficiency.
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands on resources and time.
- Strong organizational, administration and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of known analytic techniques.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize and juggle multiple tasks within set deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team.
- Discretion in handling client’s private information on data servers and throughout the company network.
- Proven ability to learn technology quickly.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to retain information quickly & present new ideas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Information Technology, Computer Science, Analysis or related field; or five or more of years of related work or educational experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Cybersecurity and IT vulnerabilities including those affecting Windows, Office365, and networks is required. Knowledge of Apple OXS or Linux is a plus.
- IT-related coursework and/or IT certifications are strongly preferred. Other Industry and software certifications are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with network architecture and problem-solving.
Fluent in English.
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic understanding of statistics and other analysis techniques.
- Ability to think on feet.
- Ability to provide objective reasoning with thorough and thought out processes
- Ability to see big picture and work down to little details.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Each team member should strive to obtain general industry-recognized (Information Systems) certifications as well as computer-forensic specific certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker – C|EH
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and/or carry client equipment such as workstations, laptops and servers, up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of time in general office environment, with some work from home options
- Some travel may be required for client on-site visits