Technical Sales Engineer
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you’ll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products and services, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
The role encompasses being a key point of contact for clients, providing both pre- and after-sales support. Responsible for taking lead role in developing business, including new business development, cross-selling/up-selling and expanding business with current referral sources and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Function as a critical component of the Sales team;
- Interface directly with prospects, referral sources, clients and/or attorneys;
- Search for new clients who might benefit from Vestige products and services and maximize client potential in designated regions;
- Pursue and develop long-term relationships, through managing and interpreting their requirements, including:
- Establishing new relationships,
- Performing Account Management duties with existing clients and referral sources,
- Create and manage plans for upselling, cross-selling and/or educating clients and referral sources about how we can help within their business and case load,
- Introduce new services to new and existing clients and referral sources.
- Persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price, and delivery
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and client education,
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required. Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product/service meets client needs;
- Follow-up on leads:
- Primary responsibility on following up on leads generated from outbound calling campaigns / telemarketing and other outreach programs,
- Generated from trade shows and other marketing events designed to identify and capture qualified and unqualified leads,
- Gained from internal marketing programs such as, but not limited to, “Lunch & Learns”, “Meet, Greet & Eats”, webinars, etc.
- Received through online marketing efforts such as e-mail blasts, web-site leads, advertising leads, etc.
- Follow-up on outstanding opportunities:
- Work closely with analyst team on inbound matters to identify appropriate time for follow-up, response that is needed, etc.
- Fulfill “inbound sales” role when necessary, assisting clients and referral sources with how Vestige can assist for their specific need, coordinating generation and delivery of required information such as: marketing collateral, quotation/proposal, engagement contract, etc.
- Present at a variety of marketing-based initiatives, such as:
- Lunch & Learns,
- Meet, Greet & Eats,
- Law Firm and other organization sales calls,
- Continuing Education (CLE, CPE, CE, etc.)
- Support Marketing activities by:
- Attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events,
- Ensuring necessary collateral is available to support sales initiatives,
- Coordinate events,
- Manage leads
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to lay person;
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral;
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing demands on resources and time;
- Capable of meeting regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects;
- Deep understanding of legal aspects and our contribution therein—ability to discuss these on a basic level with attorneys;
- Ability to understand the client/prospect’s issue and convey a course of action that solves the problem and is commensurate with our capabilities to perform course of action;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in related area (i.e. Information Technology, Information Security, Criminal Justice, etc.);
- Advanced Degree beneficial, especially in area of Information Technology, Legal or Business;
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic understanding of Statistics and other analysis techniques.
- Ability to think on feet;
- Ability to see big picture and work down to details;
- Ability to make connections between items found/discovered and implication to the strategy of the client/attorney and/or implication to overall case strategy;
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certifications, while not required, are beneficial. Each team member should strive to obtain general industry-recognized (Information Systems) certifications as well as digital-forensic and cybersecurity specific certifications, such as:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- ISFCE CCE
- Guidance Software EnCE
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certrified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and/or carry marketing collateral and related material (i.e. trade show booth, etc.), up to 35 pounds;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some out-of-town travel required;
- Some weekend/evening work;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.