Whether you are prosecuting or defending a malpractice suit against legal, medical, accounting or other type of professional, chances are electronic evidence hasn’t been a focus of the suit and a digital forensic examiner can be of assistance.
Yet, in a society where nearly 100% of business communication is conducted electronically, it is hard to believe that relevant information wouldn’t be found in electronic form. A digital forensic analyst can slightly alter the approach and a world of evidence can be made available. Areas that you may have never previously considered include:
- Medical Malpractice: medical devices and the recorded data contained within, Radio Frequency ID (RFIDs), centralized data repositories that collect medical device telemetry, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR), e-mail
- Legal Malpractice: time & billing software, expense reimbursement systems, accounting software, Client Relations Management (CRMs) systems, e-mail
- Accounting Malpractice: electronic audit work-papers, time & billing software, accounting software, tax preparation software, CRMs, workflow management software, e-mail
How Vestige Assists in Professional Malpractice Matters
- Identifying and preserving relevant data sources ensuring admissibility
- Defensible Preservation Plan
- Early Case Assessment / Case-Building to understand “the good, the bad and the ugly” in the matter
- Getting your “house” in order to properly focus the matter on its merits, instead of satellite litigation surrounding discovery issues
- Cost-effectively and quickly analyzing and processing electronic evidence
- Preparation and/or conversion of native file discovery to TIFF/PDF or other form to respond to party opponent’s discovery request
Contact Us today to discuss how Vestige can assist with your Professional Malpractice matter.