2021 SAME Federal Small Business Conference
Join us at the Society of American Military Engineers Fall Small Business Conference. Vestige is both panel speaking and exhibiting.
This national Small Business Conference for the Federal Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Facility Maintenance/Management Industry (SBC) brings together federal agencies and businesses operating in the federal marketplace to:
- Deliver the most comprehensive and useful market research experience possible for all attendees
- Learn of and/or share upcoming contracting opportunities for small businesses
- Connect with teaming partners
- Support the nation’s contracting goals
- Engage in above-board networking between private companies and federal program managers and procurement/contracting officers.
More than a dozen federal agencies have participated in SBC over the last few years, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Naval Facilities Engineering Command; Air Force Civil Engineer Center; Department of Veterans Affairs; Veterans Health Administration; Department of Energy; General Services Administration; Department of State; Small Business Administration; Environmental Protection Agency; Federal Emergency Management Agency; and National Aeronautics & Space Administration. With a return to an in-person event with an option for virtual participation, the 2021 SBC is sure to once again offer unparalleled value and deliver unmatched return-on-investment.
OUR PANEL PRESENTATION
Wednesday, November 17 from 1 – 2:15 PM
Thoughts on CMMC: from a Lawyer, Prime and Vendor
Be sure and join our panel presentation on CMMC at this dynamic conference for the SAME Federal SBC.
Gather critical information on CMMC from a Lawyer specializing in government contracting and enforcement, a Prime federal contractor for the DoD, and a CMMC-RP Vendor who provide this informative panel presentation.
Learn about the relationship between Primes and Subs as it relates to NIST 800-171 and the DoD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification. The responsibilities of each, to each other and the potential issues that might arise; the legal aspect on what can occur if companies do not properly complete and comply with CMMC; and important items to look for in choosing a Vendor to help your business achieve NIST & CMMC compliance.
Attendees will learn:
- Legal consequences of not properly completing the NIST 800-171 & CMMC requirements
- Responsibilities of Primes to Subs and vice versa for the cybersecurity obligations imposed by the DoD with NIST 800-171 and CMMC
- Why all vendors are not created equal. Important tips when selecting a Vendor provider.
Mr. Ned Childs
Partner – McGuireWoods LLP – McGuireWoods is a full-service firm providing legal and public affairs solutions. Ned’s practice spans more than a decade in Washington and encompasses a broad array of legal services, including government contract investigations, disclosures, and regulatory enforcement actions; bid protests and government contract disputes; government contract counseling; export licensing and enforcement; prime contractor-subcontractor disputes.
Mr. Dick Corolewski
Federal Regional Manager, Government Services | FSO – POWER Engineers, Inc. – An engineering and environmental consulting firm.
Dick has more than 30 years of experience in the Architectural & Engineering industry, with more than 20 years in the federal market supporting projects in the U.S. and overseas. He also serves as Federal Security Officer responsible for Security on all Federal contracts and projects.
Mr. Damon Hacker
President & CEO – Vestige Digital Investigations – A Cybersecurity company.Damon has more than 20 years of experience in both proactive and reactive cybersecurity services. He is a CMMC- RP, Registered Practitioner, cybersecurity and compliance expert.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
- Consequences of not properly completing the NIST 800-171 requirements
- What is important when selecting a provider
- The responsibilities of Primes to Subs and vice versa
Look for the Vestige display in the Exhibit Hall — BOOTH # 1332;
as well as POWEREngineers BOOTH #708.
Learn More + Registration Info