2022 SAME Seattle Post: Small Business Symposium
Kitsap Conference Center at Bremerton Harborside, 100 Washington Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337
2022 Small Business Symposium hosted by the SAME Seattle Post
It’s BACK! Join us for the Small Business Symposium. Small and large businesses from across the Pacific Northwest, along with our government partners will be in one place for a packed day of matchmaking, educational sessions, and networking.
The event starts with an Ice Breaker the evening of April 18th. Build new relationships with your fellow attendees and reconnect with friends in a relaxed environment.
The main event is April 19th. The SBS can positively impact you and your business for generations to come. Gain knowledge and build lasting relationships. You will not want to miss it! Register right away and secure your sponsorship today – tickets will sell out quickly!
Damon Hacker, President & CEO of Vestige Digital Investigations, a CMMC-RP and RPO organization will be involved in two presentations on April 19, 2022:
Tuesday, April 19 from 9:15-10:15 AM
CMMC 2.0 – Updates You Need to Know
This presentation introduces the DoD’s cybersecurity evolution from NIST 800-171 to the new CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) and specifically targets information relevant to CMMC v2.0. During the presentation we will explore the DoD’s rationale for implementing this, but most importantly educate current or potential DoD suppliers as to how to navigate the requirement and understand the DoD’s expectations. If you are one of the 221,000+ suppliers to the DoD – whether big or small, whether prime or subcontractor, if you handle Federal Contract Information (FCI) or Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), you will need to address CMMC to be awarded contracts. We will conclude with a complete path forward on becoming certified and explore why the process will likely take most organizations 6 months or more to become certified.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand your requirements as a DoD Supplier under NIST 800-171, CMMC 2.0 and the Interim Rule
- Learn what steps you need to take now to ensure you can be awarded DoD contracts
- Gain exposure to the CMMC 2.0 framework so that you know what you need to have in-place
Attendees Will Learn:
- The difference between NIST 800-171 and CMMC and the changes introduced in CMMC v2.0
- About the various Maturity Levels, and
- What the CMMC Framework includes and what compliance entails
Tuesday, April 19 from 10:45 AM to Noon
Thoughts on CMMC from a Prime & a Vendor
A conversation about the relationship between Primes and Subcontractors, as it relates to NIST800-171 and DoD CMMC – Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification. The responsibilities of each, to each other and the potential issues that might arise.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Hear from experts in their fields, about the risks and reward of complying with NIST 800-171 and CMMC
- Understand the cybersecurity obligations imposed by the DoD with NIST 800-171 and CMMC
- Learn why all providers are not created equal
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
- The responsibilities of Primes to Subs and vice versa
- Consequences of not properly completing the NIST 800-171 requirements
- What is important when selecting a vendor/provider
Julio Iguina, PE
The Walsh Group – Walsh Construction & Archer Western
Damon Hacker, MBA, CISA, CSXF, CMMC- RP
President & CEO
Vestige Digital Investigations
Information & Registration