Digital Forensics is highly utilized for White Collar Crime matters as excellent Financial Electronic Evidence can be gathered during digital investigation in these types of cases.
White-Collar Crime / Fraud / Embezzlement
White-collar crime refers to nonviolent crimes by business and government professionals with the purpose of personal financial gain.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) (www.acfe.com), U.S. Organizations lose, on average, 7% of their annual revenues to fraud — or nearly a trillion dollars annually.
Furthermore, each reported act of digital fraud has a median loss of $175,000 to the defrauded organization and in a quarter of victim organizations the losses exceed $1 million. Despite these statistics, efforts to prevent and detect digital white collar fraud from within an organization does not always achieve its goal. Whether you are looking to investigate a potential fraud, have validated that a fraud occurred and are looking to assess the overall damage and gather evidence, need help investigating white collar crime cases or if you are looking to shore up your control environment to prevent and detect future digital fraud, use a digital forensic analyst at Vestige for assistance.
Types of White Collar Crime, Digital Fraud, Embezzlement
- Antitrust Violations
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Computer & Internet Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Economic Espionage
- Environmental Law Violations
- Financial Fraud
- Government Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Insider Trading
- Insurance Fraud
- Mail Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Phone & Telemarketing Fraud
- Public Corruption
- Securities Fraud
- Tax Evasion
- Trade Secret Theft
Investigation of Business & Financial Misconduct
Vestige works hand-in-hand with forensic accountants, white-collar crime attorneys, outside accounting firms/CPAs, financial institutions as well as trustees/receivers that have been appointed to assist in matters involving alleged white-collar crime. Our ability to find and recover deleted and hidden information provides these stakeholders and the victim organization with quick, indispensable leads and evidence that they would unlikely discover, including:
- Advanced analytics performed on Transactional Data to gain insight.
- Pattern recognition and searching of Unstructured Data to determine awareness of schemes, hiding/obfuscation, collusion.
As an added benefit, potential fraud victims are aided during this entire process with our computer forensic expertise. We prevent and help you address fraud with cybersecurity measures and extensive research.
Vestige’s computer forensics specialists assist in these matters in a variety of ways, including:
- Accurately identifying relevant data sources where evidence is likely to exist
- Securing and preserving relevant electronic evidence in an admissible manner, which allows for authentication down-the-road
- Recovering deleted and hidden information to make it available to the investigative team
- Unlocking password-protected documents and defeating encryption
- Identifying and gaining access to the financial system(s) in-use
- Locating and investigating financial activity that supports the investigation
- Creating investigative leads for the team by assessing the artifacts and correspondence found on the system(s)
- Mining and manipulating for analysis financial data and supporting systems’ data for analysis
- Identification and analysis of surrounding hidden assets, use of funds and potential recoverability of funds
CONTACT a computer forensic specialist today to discuss how Vestige can assist with your Digital Forensic Needs in regard to White Collar Crime matters.