The Evidence is Out There: A Primer on Digital Forensics
A primer on the use of Digital Evidence and how Digital Forensics methodology is used from an investigative standpoint. This presentation includes case studies of relevant matter types geared specifically to the interest of the audience, information on what is digital forensics and what is not, what information a participant needs to know about the accepted Digital Forensics methodology to ensure evidence authenticity, admissibility and accurate results that will withstand cross-examination.
Benefits of Attending:
- Exposure to Digital Evidence – where it is, what value it brings, how it can be used to prove and disprove issues within the context of civil litigation, criminal proceedings or internal investigations
- Learn what Digital Forensics investigations can achieve and the limitations
- Gain an understanding of deleted and hidden information and learn a paradigm for being able to describe how data is stored, accessed and retrievable on digital devices, whether it is active, deleted, encrypted, hidden or otherwise obfuscated.
Attendees Will Learn:
- The wide variety of matters that Digital Forensics is applicable to,
- What a sound digital forensic analysis methodology looks like to ensure evidence authenticity, admissibility and accurate results,
- What to consider when evaluating a Digital Forensic examiner, either for employment or to engage as an outside resource