Presentation – CMMC: A Primer
This presentation introduces the DoD’s cybersecurity evolution from NIST 800-171 to the new CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification). During the presentation we will explore the DoD’s rationale for implementing this, but most importantly educate DoD suppliers as to how to navigate the requirement and understand the DoD’s expectations. If you are one of the 221,000+ suppliers to the DoD – whether big or small, whether prime or subcontractor, if you handle Federal Contract Information (FCI) or Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), you will need to become certified to bid on contracts starting as early as 2021. We will conclude with a complete path forward on becoming certified and explore why the process will likely take most organizations 6 months or more to become certified.
Length: 60 minutes to 2 hours is ideal. Depending on needs and technical nature of the group.
Benefits of Attending:
• Understand your requirements as a DoD Supplier under NIST 800-171, CMMC and the Interim Rule
• Learn what steps you need to take now to ensure you can bid on DoD contracts
• Gain exposure to the CMMC framework so that you know
Attendees Will Learn:
• The difference between NIST 800-171 and CMMC
• About the various Maturity Levels, and
• What the CMMC Framework includes and what compliance entails